Support ends for the Google Keep Chrome app in February 2021 when we move Chrome apps to the web.
- Offline access to notes will be available on Keep mobile apps, but not on your computer.
- Access to Keep on your Chrome OS lock screen will no longer be available.
- You can install a shortcut that opens Keep on your Chrome browser.
Tip: We encourage you to use the web version of Keep at Google Keep.
You can use Google Keep on the Web.
- On your computer, go to keep.google.com.
- Learn more about how to use Google Keep to create, edit, share, and do more with notes.
Existing users who have Chrome version 86 or newer will be able to migrate to keep.google.com by following instructions in the Chrome App. The Keep Chrome app on your desktop will be replaced by a shortcut launcher, which will allow you to launch keep.google.com by simply clicking on the icon on your desktop.
Create a shortcut to keep.google.com
On your Chrome browser, install a shortcut to Google Keep:
- On your computer, go to go to Google Keep.
- On the right of the address bar, click Star.
- In the window that opens, you can:
- Rename the bookmark.
- Change the folder location of the bookmark.
- Click Done.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?