Version 2.0 of the framework will be a full refactor of version 1.0. It includes many changes. Some of them are:
- All standard libraries where updated.
- Moved all framework core files to new namespace.
- All standard libraries are now part of the namespace
- Root framework file changed from
- New sessions management sub-system.
- Fully supports composer.
- Added new
publicfolder which should be server root.
- Added new
appfolder. Developer must use this folder to add his code.
- Changed how CRON jobs should be implemented.
- CRON jobs which are created in the folder
app/jobsare auto registered.
- Commands which are created in the folder
app/commandsare auto registered.
- Removed the class
webfiorilogicControlleras it is not needed.
- Updated database library from
phMysqlto use a new database abstraction layer.
- Now it is possible to create more than one instance of the class
- Themes resources (
imagesor fonts) now should be placed inside the folder
- Changed how web services created.
- Updated the
- Added new command:
In addition to listed changes, All changes which are planned for v1.1.0 are included in this release.
Now the framework has a written documentation that covers most framework features. The documentation can be found at https://webfiori.com/learn . The actual docs are hosted on https://github.com/WebFiori/docs . Note that the documentation is still under development.
To install the new release using composer, use the following command:
php composer.phar create-project --prefer-dist "webfiori/framework:v2.0.0-beta.1"
with the name of the folder that will hold your project.
Optionally, you can download the file
webfiori-v2.0.0-beta.1.zip which is part of this release if you don’t want to use composer in installation.